The Allmand Law Firm, PLLC Difference

Unlike most bankruptcy firms in the Dallas / Fort-Worth area, Allmand Law Firm, PLLC spends the time to understand the complete financial picture for every one of our clients. We provide resources, tools and advice to address the unique needs of North Texans.

Still Time To Get Your Tax Refund From 2005

Posted By admin || 11-Mar-2009

If you haven't filed your 2005 tax return yet, you may be missing out on a refund. According to an article in the Dallas Morning News, there is $105.2 million owed to 103,000 Texans who failed to file a tax return in 2005. The average amount owed to Texans is more than $600 per person, of course some Texan's tax refunds may be larger or smaller. Texans who want to claim their tax refunds can file by April 15, 2009 and still get the money.

The law gives taxpayers up to three years to claim their tax return, after that time period the money remains with the IRS. For those who are unemployed and haven't filed a tax return for 2005, take the time out and check to see if you are owed a refund. That windfall can make a huge difference for an unemployed person with no income. There is not penalty for filing a tax return late if no money is owed. Visit for more information.

"So, that's not our objective, Jamie, I guess is what I would say to you. But we're going to need the capital markets come back, we and the whole industry."

Blog Home